Who should take this course
The Dyscalculia Tutor Training is best for those who have at least a bachelors level education and are comfortable in Elementary School Math.
What books do I need for the course besides this online package?
Required reading are the following books:
- Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, Student Value Edition (8th Edition) ISBN 0133768937 app $100 when you shop around or available as ebook via digitalbookhome.com
- Field Experience Guide Third Edition By John A. Van de Walle, Jennifer M. Bay-Williams ISBN-13: 978-0-13-282113-1 app $30
- Curriculum Focal Points by NCTM ISBN: 0-87353-595-2 find it on scribd.com
- the Dyscalculia Solution by Jane Emerson & Patricia Babtie teaching number sense isbn: 9781441129512 app $40-$50
- Dyscalculia guidance by Brian Butterworth and Dorian Yeo helping pupils with specific learning difficulties in maths isbn: 0-7087-1152-9 app $85 find it on gettextbooks.com
What materials do I need to purchase
The Training will review certain materials that will become your toolbox for tutoring. Definitively the cuisenaire rods, a rekenrek, and base ten materials . Other materials can be downloaded and printed out for your use.
When does the course start and finish?
The course can start at any time. You will be required to complete all sections and lectures, master all quizzes and satisfactory complete send in homework before you will have finished the course. You can only request an exam after minimum three months but you work at your own pace.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own. The use of the materials is strictly limited to personal use. By sharing the course content with others you will loose your access privileges.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.